Estimated Arrival: Between Apr 07 and Apr 13. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping on Most Orders $75 and Up.
Introducing the Gen3 FermZilla Tr-Conical. Now featuring a 3" tri-clamp ferrule molded into the tank and redesigned T.C. dump valve. KegLand heard the customer feedback and redesigned the FermZilla to eliminate the complicated dump valve design and simplify the collection container connection. Brew with confidence on the new Tri-Clover FermZilla!
Make sure you check out the new HOP BONG Pressure Pack for FermZilla. If you like to add more hops or other things during the fermentation period, this is the way to do it without letting oxygen in.
FermZilla Gen2 vs Gen3:
- 3" T.C. ferrule molded into the FermZilla tank
- 3" to 2" T.C. butterfly dump valve
- 2" T.C. compatible collection container
- FermZilla 55L Tank with 3" T.C. Bottom Port
- 3" x 2" T.C. Butterfly Valve
- 1000 ml Collection Container & Lid with 2" T.C. Connection
- Stainless Steel Stand with Swing Handles
- Stainless Steel Handle Assembly
- Top Lid with PRV (35 psi)
- 3" tri-clamp with gasket
- 2" tri-clamp with gasket
- 3-Piece Airlock
- Graduation Sticker
- Adhesive Thermometer
- Spare Seals
- 55 L (13.2 gal) Total Volume
- Pressure Rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi)
- Height in Stand - 41.5"
- Height w/ Airlock - 45.1"
- Tank Diameter - 13.9"
- Diameter in Stand - 15.3"
- Lid & Collection Container Ports - 28 mm PCO 1881 threads
- Temperature Rating:
- When not under pressure, do not expose to liquids above 131°F
- When under pressure, do not expose to any temperatures above 95°F*
*Please note that the temperature rating for the FermZilla tank is lower when using it under pressure. When not under pressure, it is perfectly safe to transfer wort into the tank below 131°F or to use hot liquids below this temp for cleaning. When under pressure, make sure to keep your fermentation temperature below 95°F and keep the fermenter in an environment that is below 95°F ambient. This is especially important when fermenting with kveik yeast. These strains are known to ferment hot if no temperature control is being used. Exceeding the temperature rating may compromise the tank, leading to a shorter life span or sudden failure to maintain pressure. Even with proper use, we recommend replacing the tank every two years.
Normal wear and tear may lead to stress marks or other potential points of failure when the tank is used under pressure. We recommend visually inspecting the unit for signs of wear every 6-12 months, and conducting a hydro test every 2 years. The hydro test process is simple:
- Fill the tank to the brim with water
- Replace the Red PRV with a Green PRV rated to 4.5 BAR or higher
- Pressurize the tank to 4 BAR (58 psi)
- Check for leaks, then replace the Red PRV when finished
If leaks or potential points of failure are found, replace the tank before you continue using pressure with your FermZilla.
In general, we do not recommend leaving products like PBW or StarSan soaking in the tank for more than an hour. Extended soaks have the potential to degrade the PET material and shorten the lifespan of the tank.