Estimated Arrival: Between Oct 02 and Oct 08. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping on Most Orders $75 and Up.
Due to high demand, the 7 & 25 Gal Pre-sale has sold out quickly! More are expected to arrive early September 2023. Place your pre-order today to be the first to receive your items!
The X2 Jacketed Comes Fully Loaded:
- Built in external cooling jacket with 1.5" TC Ports
- Neoprene jacket for insulation
- Pressure Pack lid with floating dip tube, draft style qd connections for sampling/serving, and an extra 1.5" TC for hop bongs.
- The Clear Flex Chamber Bottom Dump allows you to see fermentation, collect and remove trub, and has added ports for purging, oxygenating, carbbing and more... so flexible.
Includes all the amazing X2 Features
- Highest quality mirror finish.
- Welded, ground and polished interior welds are the very highest quality and the ultimate for sanitation.
- Four crossbar reinforced legs are superior for stability, mimicking Pro Uni Tanks.
- Horizontal ports on the cone, just like pro tanks, allowing your racking arm, carbstone, and thermometer to have a horizontal placement in your tank. This allows for smaller minimum batch sizes, better carbonation, and more.
- Pressure Relief Valve with pull ring built into the lid.
- 2" oversized bottom port and Butterfly Valve.
- Coolest accessory upgrades like Pressure Pack with Floating Dip Tube, clear Flex Chamber trub collector, Coolstix, Kit for Pressure Fermentation etc. Read more Below!
We guarantee that you will love the fit and finish of the X2 Uni Jacketed Conical. Made entirely of 304 stainless steel, the quality exceeds what has previously been done in brewing applications and approaches the level of pharmaceutical-grade finish. With flawless welds and a dazzling mirror-polish finish inside and out, the BrewBuilt X2 Uni Jacketed is easy to sanitize and even easier on the eyes. You’ll probably want to snap a pic. #BrewBuilt
External Cooling Jacket
When it comes to temperature control for a homebrew conical fermenter the holy grail has been an external cooling jacket. Internal cooling coils have long been the answer and while they are simpler to make and relatively inexpensive, they are harder to clean and have issues cold crashing in warm environments. The Brewbuilt X2 Jacketed Conical offers maximum cooling power without any compromise of sanitation. Welding a jacket on a tank this size has usually been cost prohibitive but the Brewbuilt X2 with jacket is extremely competitive. Circulating cooling solution through the jacket provides you superior cooling power to all coils.
Extra Large 2” T.C. Dump Valve
Dry hop to your heart's desire. Try as they might, hopheads will have a hard time clogging this conical. With an oversized 2" bottom port, you’ll have all the clearance you need (and even more than some pro brewers) to drop out your dry hop additions with ease. The slick mirror-polish finish on the inside allows flocculating yeast to collect neatly at the bottom of the cone as they slide right down the smooth interior walls. The butterfly dump valve integrates perfectly with the optional Flex Chamber Trub Separator and Yeast Harvester.
Reinforced Four-Leg Foundation
There’s a common complaint seen in the feedback for other conicals on the market—the tippiness of three-legged units. Three legs may be fine when the fermenter is sitting still on an even surface, but users are often forced to purchase a bracing shelf for more stability if they add casters or leg extensions. A conical is only as worthy as its foundation, so BrewBuilt modeled the X2 after professional-level brewery tanks with a four-leg, reinforced base. This seemingly small design feature is more expensive to produce, but it's what makes the X2 conical exceedingly stable when compared to other models. When you fill up your fermenter with delicious fresh wort, you want to trust the vessel that’s holding your latest creation. Brewers shouted from the mountaintops that they wanted stronger, sturdier legs right out of the box that doesn’t require an additional bracing shelf. The four-leg, welded-bar reinforced system is absolutely rock solid. This is an especially critical feature if you plan to add rolling casters so you can easily glide the fermenter around your brewery.
The reinforced four-leg design not only increased the stability and strength of the conical but also allows the unit to stand taller, thereby eliminating the need for extensions in almost every situation. An elbow, a sight glass, or the Flex Chamber can be mounted under the unit with room to spare.
The X2 Jacketed comes standard with reinforced thread-in adjustable feet. If your home brewery has uneven flooring, you can quickly and easily level out the fermenter. The feet can be swapped out with high-quality casters at any time.
Flex Chamber - Trub Separator & Yeast Harvester
The pressurizable Flex Chamber attaches directly to the butterfly dump valve and can be used for removing trub, harvesting yeast, and many other tasks. Since it's made from crystal clear Triton, you'll be able to visually monitor fermentation activity just as you would with a sight glass. Ball lock adapters can be attached to the threaded ports on either side, allowing you to connect oxygenation or carbonation stones, or flush the Flex Chamber with CO2 and use it to inject hops or other ingredients into your conical. Also, a great option for storing yeast! Simply attach a 2" T.C. end cap or PRV and store your harvested yeast in the fridge for your next fermentation.
Pressure Pack with Clear Float Technology
Adding pressure capability will allow you to ferment, carbonate, and even serve all in one vessel. The Pressure Pack features the unique Clear Float Technology racking tube that can be used for taking samples, transferring to keg, or serving finished beer. This innovative feature draws beer from the top down, which means you’re always pulling the clearest, most sediment-free beer possible. Using pressure to draw a sample from the floating dip tube will also eliminate the tiny bit of oxygen that would be injected into your beer every time the traditional sample valve is opened.
Pressure transferring from fermenter to keg is the best way to protect your beer from oxygen when it’s at its most vulnerable state. Kegging could be considered the final hurdle in the brewing process, where limiting oxygen exposure is critical. This could mean the difference between your beer tasting great for months or tasting great for a week. Don’t take any chances. Use the Pressure Pack to keg from the top down and leave sediment behind.
Other Features You’ll Love:
- Downward-facing Blowoff U Barb prevents blow off tubing from kinking and is much easier to remove and clean than a fixed stainless blow off
- Internally etched volume markers in gallons and liters
- Stainless steel lid clamp with single-piece molded silicone gasket
- In our GEN 2 redesign we've added two more 1.5" T.C. ports to the cone and body for additional flexibility with current and upcoming product add-ons
BrewBuilt Kit for Fermenting Under Pressure (Required to ferment or seal/cap an X2 with an active fermentation)
The Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) that comes with the conical is not sufficient for fermentation as it can become clogged with Krausen. To ferment or seal/cap an active fermentation requires the use and safety of the Pressure Fermentation Kit. This no-compromises kit includes the same hardware you will find on a commercial unitank, including a dedicated pro level spunding valve, a sealed pressure gauge, and a dedicated commercial PRV. Read more about these key hardware features in the kit copy. Also included is liquid Foam-Axe which helps reduce Krausen. Please read and follow all special instructions that come with the kit as well as your instruction manual.
High Roller Caster Set
Go mobile with this heavy-duty caster set. Your fermenter moves around the brewery a lot, so why not give it some glide? Roll from sanitizing to kettle transfer to keg transfer to cleaning with minimal effort. Moving a stainless conical around can be taxing. Give your back a break and upgrade your conical with a set of rolling casters.
IceMaster Max 2
Built to pair perfectly with the IceMaster Max 2 Glycol chiller. Easily and efficiently control your fermentation temperature and cold crash for conditioning and clarifying.
X2 Jacketed Uni Conical Features:
- External Cooling Jacket with 1.5" Tri-Clamp connections
- Pressure Pack with Clear Float, a floating dip tube that draws beer from the top down.
- Flex Chamber, a clear, pressure capable bottom jar that allows you to see fermentation, remove trub and connect additional accessories
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Mirror polish finish
- Interior welds are the best in the business - uniquely ground and polished
- (3) Horizontal welded cone ports
- (1) 4" TC Lid Opening
- (2) 1.5" TC Lid Openings
- 2" TC bottom dump with 2" TC butterfly valve
- 1.5" Thermowell for inserting thermal probe
- Strong welded in place handles
- (4) Adjustable feet
- Silicone tube for blow off
- Stainless lid clamp & one piece molded gasket
- Built-in 15 psi PRV (Not sufficient for fermentation - optional Pressure Fermentation Kit required for pressure fermentations)
I ordered the 14 gal size and was told that all of the heater wraps would fit. The 240 watt unit didn't. I had to return it and order the 120 watt. The PRV built into the lid would not hold more than 8 psi. The entire lid had to be replaced. The video shows the cold-side glycol being connected to the top port. This contradicts the owners manual. Also - forget about trying to use the 1.5" TC fittings for the glycol connections. Unless you have the fermenter elevated above the chiller hoses you'll get a gallon of glycol on your floor when you disconnect it. Use the QD setup (for an extra $150). The design is great but I think that they rushed it to the market. The end user should not be the one to perform the quality control. I understand that the issues I raised have been address in the newer units being sold.